ESEB Conference Travel Award
These stipends are for students and young scientists to attend the Joint Evolution congress in Montpellier, France (http://evolutionmontpellier2018.org/). The stipend will contribute to covering travel, living expenses and congress registration fees. The award will be paid out as a reimbursement after the meeting, based on specification of the expenses.
The next call will be announced in autumn 2017.
- Applicants must be ESEB members (for becoming a member of ESEB, click here).
- Applications can be submitted by scientists at various stages of their professional career (e.g., Masters and PhD students, postdocs, and lecturers).
- Scientists working in a country with high GDP are not eligible (for the list of excluded countries see below).
- People who already received an ESEB travel stipend during the last five years are not eligible.
- Applicants must present either an oral communication or a poster at the respective meeting to be eligible for the award. This will be verified before the reimbursement, but no proof that a poster or talk is accepted is necessary at the application stage.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE STIPENDS ARE GIVEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANALOGOUS STIPENDS OFFERED BY THE SSE (separate call), SO THERE IS NO NEED TO APPLY TO BOTH!
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be no more than 2 pages long and include:
- Name of the applicant
- Budget, including sources of additional support
- An explanation of how attendance to the meeting will further the attendant’s professional goals
Please submit the application as a single PDF-file by email to the ESEB Travel Bursary Committee, c/o Dr. Martijn Egas.
A support letter from the applicant advisor/mentor/senior colleague is also required. Support letters should be sent to the same email address (email@example.com) by the applicant’s mentor.
Members professionally based in the following countries are not eligible for the travel stipend:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.