The grant aims to ensure equal opportunities at ESEB Congresses and EMPSEB meetings. The grant aims to achieve this by increasing the attendance of underrepresented groups, primarily, but not solely, caregiving women (who due to higher costs of childcare are often prevented from attending), through positive discrimination. The grant provides stipends of financial aid for scientists to help with the additional costs borne privately due to responsibilities for dependents when attending the meetings. The stipend will contribute to covering expenses for care of dependents, but also for travel.
Deadline for applications to support your Participation at EMPSEB 27: closed
Deadline for applications to support your Participation at ESEB2022: closed
- Applicants must be ESEB members (for becoming a member of ESEB please visit our membership page).
- Applications can be submitted by scientists at any stages of their professional career (e.g., undergraduate, Masters and PhD students, postdocs, and lecturers).
- Applicants must explain explicitly how their attendance will increase equal opportunities at the society.
- Applicants must either present an oral communication or a poster, or organise a symposium at the respective meeting to be eligible for the award. This will be verified before the reimbursement, but no proof that a poster or talk is accepted is necessary at the application stage.
- Applicants must provide a budget of how they intend to use the grant. Eligible costs include, but are not limited to: childcare on site, childcare at home, extra care at home for dependents, extra travel costs for babysitter (grandparents) etc.
- The stipend will be paid out as a flat rate of 250 EUR for applicants based within Europe, and in certain cases up to 500 EUR for applicants based outside of Europe, after the congress when confirmation of attendance is provided.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be no more than 2 pages long and include:
- Name of the applicant
- An explanation of how attendance at the meeting improves equal opportunities at ESEB
- An explanation of how attendance at the meeting will further the attendant’s professional goals
- Itemised budget
Please submit the application as a single PDF file by email to Ute Friedrich at the ESEB office (firstname.lastname@example.org; subject: EO congress grant) and take care to limit the size of attachments (total < 10 MB) in any one email.