Special Topic Networks
Small symposia, workshops and courses in various formats can perform functions complementary to those of the ESEB Congresses, allowing more focused interactions within specialist areas, forging new links between previously separate areas or fostering interdisciplinary and innovative ideas that merge specialized fields. One-off events can be valuable but the returns for connected series of events can be even greater. Therefore, ESEB invites proposals for Special Topic Networks (STNs) that will support dynamic and flexible series of small meetings and/or other networking opportunities in focused and currently active research areas.
Each STN will be funded for up to 6 years (subject to review after 2 and 4 years of operation) with an annual budget of up to 10 000 Euros. Six STNs have been initiated since the start of the initiative (see below), and further STNs will be initiated every other year. The format of these STNs is up to their organisers and innovative ideas are encouraged. All fields of evolutionary biology are eligible.
The next deadline will be announced in autumn 2020.
- ADAPT – Ancient DNA studies of Adaptive Processes through Time (started 2017)
- Ecological genomics of coevolutionary interactions (started 2017)
- European Drosophila Population Genomics Network (DrosEU) (started 2016)
- The Evolutionary Ecology of Thermal Fertility Limit (started 2019)
- Linking local adaptation with the evolution of sex differences (started 2016)
- Synthesizing Micro- and Marco-Evolutionary Processes Shaping Prokaryotic Genomes (started 2019)
The STN Committee,
Ellen Decaestecker, Simone Immler, Troy Day and Yannis Michalakis