ESEB Conference Travel Award
These stipends are for students and young scientists to attend the ESEB 2019 congress in Turku, Finland (https://eseb2019.fi/) or the Evolution 2019 conference in Providence, RI, USA (https://www.evolutionmeetings.org/). The stipend will contribute to covering travel, living expenses and early bird congress registration fees. The award will be paid out as a reimbursement after the congress, based on specification of the expenses.
- Applicants must be ESEB members before the deadline (for becoming an ESEB member, please visit https://eseb.org/society/membership/).
- Applications can be submitted by scientists at various stages of their professional career (e.g., Masters and PhD students, postdocs, and lecturers).
- Scientists working in a country with high GDP are not eligible (for the list of excluded countries see below).
- People who received an ESEB travel stipend in the last five years are not eligible.
- Applicants must submit to present either an oral communication or a poster to be eligible for the stipend. This will be verified before the reimbursement, but no proof that a poster or talk is accepted is necessary at the application stage.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE STIPENDS ARE GIVEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANALOGOUS STIPENDS OFFERED BY THE SSE (separate call), SO THERE IS NO NEED TO APPLY TO BOTH.
How to apply:
Send your application by email to the ESEB Travel Bursary Committee, c/o Dr. Martijn Egas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application should be no more than 2 pages long and include:
- Name of the applicant;
- ESEB membership number;
- Budget, including sources of additional support;
- An explanation of how attendance to the meeting will support the attendant’s professional goals;
- and a CV.
Please submit the application as a single PDF-file.
A support letter from the applicant advisor/mentor/senior colleague is also required. Support letters should be sent to the same email address (email@example.com) by the applicant’s mentor.
Deadline: 15 April 2019
Members professionally based in the following countries are not eligible for the travel stipend: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.