Congress Attendance Aid Grant
The grants are aimed to increase the attendance of women at the Joint Evolution conference in Montpellier, France in 2018. These stipends are financial aid for female scientists to help with the additional costs borne privately due to responsibilities for dependents when attending the ESEB congress. The stipend will contribute to covering expenses for care of dependents, but also for travel.
The next call will be announced in autumn 2017.
- Applicants must be ESEB members (for becoming a member of ESEB, click here or visit our membership page).
- Applications can be submitted by scientists at any stages of their professional career (e.g., Masters and PhD students, postdocs, and lecturers).
- Applicants must explain explicitly how their attendance will increase equal opportunities at the society
- Applicants must present either an oral communication or a poster at the respective meeting to be eligible for the award. This will be verified before the reimbursement, but no proof that a poster or talk is accepted is necessary at the application stage.
- Applicants must detail how they intend to use the grant. Eligible costs include, but are not limited to: childcare on site, childcare at home, extra care at home for dependents, extra travel costs for babysitter (grandparents) etc.
- The stipend will be paid out as a flat rate of 250, – EUR (in certain cases up to 500, – EUR) after the congress when confirmation of attendance is provided.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be no more than 2 pages long and include:
- Name of the applicant
- An explanation of how attendance to the meeting improves equal opportunities at ESEB
- An explanation of how attendance to the meeting will further the attendant’s professional goals
Please submit the application as a single PDF-file by email to Ute Friedrich <email@example.com; subject: EO congress grant> at the ESEB Office and take care to limit the size of attachments (total < 10 MB) in any one email.